Vietnam is a beautiful country with a rich history, culture, and natural beauty. It has something for every type of traveller, from bustling cities to peaceful countryside. Indian tourists, in particular, are showing an increasing interest in visiting Vietnam. However, before travelling to Vietnam, Indian citizens must obtain a visa. In this blog, we will go over the ways to get a Vietnam tourist visa for Indians, the requirements for obtaining a visa, and some travel tips for Vietnam.
Ways to get a Vietnam tourist visa for Indians:
Vietnam E-visa for Indians:
The Vietnamese government has introduced a new type of visa to simplify the visa application process. Indian visitors can apply for an e-visa online at the Vietnamese immigration portal’s official website. An e-visa typically takes 3-5 working days to process. The e-visa allows Indian visitors to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
Steps to get a Vietnam E-Visa:
- Step 1: Go to the Vietnamese immigration portal’s official website and click on Apply for e-Visa.
- Step 2: Fill out your personal information on the website and upload a digital copy of your passport and a passport-sized photograph.
- Step 3: Pay the e-visa fees using any of the supported payment methods.
- Step 4: After submitting the form, you will be given a registration code.
- Step 5: Wait for the visa to be processed. The processing time is usually 3-5 working days.
- Step 6: Check the official website of Vietnam’s e-visa for your approval letter. To access it, enter your registration code, date of birth, and email address.
- Step 7: Once your e-visa is approved, print a copy to show to the immigration officer at the Vietnam international airport to enter the country.
- Note: There are a lot of websites that charge extra for the e-visa. Always make sure that you are only applying for it through the official website! The cost of a visa is exactly ₹2,052 ($25), and if you are paying more for it, it’s not the right website.
Vietnam Embassy Visa for Indians:
Indian visitors can also apply for a visa at the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in India. An embassy visa usually takes 5-7 working days to process. The embassy visa allows Indian visitors to stay in Vietnam for up to 90 days.
Steps to get a Vietnam tourist Visa from an embassy/consulate:
- Step 1: Fill out the visa application form, which can be found online at the Vietnam Embassy site or the Embassy’s office.
- Step 2: Go to the Embassy prepared with the application form and documents.
- Step 3: At the embassy, present your visa application form to the officer and pay the visa fees.
- Step 4: If your tourist visa is approved, the Embassy will notify you via email or phone. Then you can either pick up the visa from the embassy yourself or pay extra courier fees to have it delivered to you.
And that is how you get your Vietnam tourist visa for Indians from an embassy!
Documents Required for Vietnam Tourist Visa for Indians:
- Indian Passport: Indian travellers must have a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam. In addition, your passport should have at least two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Application form: To obtain a visa from the Vietnam Embassy, you must complete a visa application form, which can be found on the Vietnam Embassy website or at the Embassy office.
- Approval letter: To obtain a visa on arrival, you must obtain an approval letter from a travel agency or a visa agent.
- Passport photos: Indian tourists should bring two passport-sized photographs that are no more than six months old.
- Proof of accommodation: Indian tourists must provide proof of accommodation, such as hotel reservations or a letter of invitation from a host in Vietnam.
- Proof of return ticket: Indian tourists must provide proof of a return ticket or onward travel.
- Bank statement: Indian visitors must present a bank statement from the previous three months as proof of sufficient financial resources to cover their stay in Vietnam.
How much are Vietnam’s visa fees for Indians?
For a visa at the Embassy: 4500 ($55) (valid for 30 days) (single-entry tourist visa)
For a Vietnam evisa: ₹2,052 ($25)
Note: The figures listed above may change depending on when you apply. Furthermore, because there are multiple agents present, the e-Visa fee to obtain the visa letter varies depending on the selected agent.
Can I extend my Vietnam tourist visa?
Vietnam travel visas are usually valid for 30 days. You can, however, choose to renew your visa and extend your stay in Vietnam.
What should I do if I need a visa urgently?
You can contact a travel agency such as Tripver, which may be able to provide an e-visa quickly.
Does my port of entry match what I stated on the application form?
It’s fine if your port of exit does not match, but if your port of entry does not match, you’ll have to do additional paperwork at the airport and pay a $25 visa fee.
Is it necessary to provide the exact date of my arrival on my visa application?
The visa start date should be a few days before you depart from India, not on the date you reach Vietnam. Sometimes airlines won’t allow you to board if the date doesn’t match the date of departure. Furthermore, the departure date you specify on your application is the last day you can stay in Vietnam. If you want to stay longer, you must apply for a visa extension.
Vietnam Tourist Visa for Indians: Warp-up
In conclusion, Vietnam is an intriguing travel destination for Indian tourists, and applying for a visa is a simple procedure. Indian citizens can apply for an e-visa, or an embassy visa. Indian travellers must fulfil the criteria listed above to obtain a visa, regardless of the type of visa they need. With the proper documentation and preparation, Indian travellers can enjoy a memorable trip to Vietnam, filled with culture, history, and natural beauty.